Friday, April 16, 2010

Seiko 5 Military SNK809

This is Seiko 5 Military SNK809 the new model using cal.7S26B.
Cal.7S26B is the most common movement ca. late 1990-now

I like this Seiko military coz of the simplicity yet the shape of the case and its dial. And as one of my daily beater watches.
The price also not too much for this watch. So, I took this watch and change it with yellow pharos strap.
After a while with original look, I've modified her with blue dial, blue hands but still using original second hand and with yellow pharos strap.
This is my first planning since the blued second hand always stop near 6 o'clock after 1 minute lap.
I couldn't find the reason why?? But after using the original second hand she runs perfectly.... yipie....



Wow, cool man..... I'm thinking of another orange hands, just wait....

Specs:
Seiko 5 Military SNK809
Mineral glass
Black military dial, Mod. blue dial
Leaf shape hands with red second hand, Mod. SUS hour hand and blued minute hand
Day/date with hacking system
See thru caseback
Movement cal. 7S26B , 21 jewels
Dia. 38mm and 39mm(w/crown), circa 1999
Lug to lug: 43mm
Power reserve: +/- 44 hours, and keeping the good time!

1 comment: